Sunday, October 9, 2011

trying to recover.......

So after my horrible experience at the hospital I finally came home and slept for hours straight(with the help of pain meds of course) My hubby was so amazing during this time, I really dont know what I would do without him.  I was able to figure out my work schedule thankfully as my doc said absolutely no work for 15 days (mind you I had just come back to work after a 30 day leave), in the land of Starbucks that is a lifetime!  Im am very lucky to have such a great team of employees that completely understood everything.

After 2 days of being home my RE wanted to see me for our WTF appointment and to follow up about the complications from the miscarriage. During this time I heard from the other doc who performed the D&C, she proceeded to tell me that the pathologist didnt find any placenta and she may have not gotten all of it out and I may need to have another one done........great.  I still wasnt feeling very good but thought why would I? I just experienced the worst 2 days of my life.  In to the Dr. K's we went, well he took one look at me and said "you dont look very well" and immediately took me into the ultrasound room.  From there it was bad news, he must have pulled out 3 or 4 clots from my cervix and said my uterus was still full of blood and I most likely had an infection from all the "left over" blood clots.  After the ultrasound he drew blood and put me on an IV of saline and an IV of antibiotics.......right. in. the. office.... marvelous.  As I was sitting there I almost passed out 3 times from sheer panic, um how much more could I take?  He sent my hubby to pick up more antibiotics while my mom and the staff tried to get the results from the doctors office.  Remember how wonderful I said this hospital was??  Well now they were not cooperating with my RE to give him the results, ahhhhhhh!  After 2 hours in the office he sent us home with 4 bottles of pills and a ton of iron (turns out my hematocrit was 24 normal is 35).  He told me to come see him in 2 days to re-draw blood to ensure my levels were going back up and that my infection was gone, also he told us that if they my blood level didnt go up I might have to get a blood transfusion.  So not only did I not get to ask any of my numerous questions I was very sick.  It took a good 5 days to feel somewhat better and more human, thankfully my blood level was moving in the right direction and I didnt have an infection anymore.  Lucky me is all I have to say.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you do not have to have a second D&C. That would really suck.

    Be sure to take all the time you need to heal and know that you don't need to hang out with any pregnant belly's right now. Be selfish and put yourself first!

    ReplyDelete