Sunday, November 13, 2011

not sure how I feel about this....

So today I am struggling letting go of a some anger I have towards my SIL, you see the day before we were to get our results from IVF I found out on Facebook that she was pregnant with her 3rd.  To make matters worse I had been completely open with her about our IF struggles and our IVF journey, yet she still had the nerve to "steal my thunder" as I have been saying, she didnt even have the decency to send an email or call me to let me know.  There is much more to the story and my history with my SIL that I wont get into now but I wanted to give you the just of the situation.  Any how we are having a family get together next weekend, this will be the first time I have talked to/seen her since I found out about her pregnancy on FB.  Im not sure what to say to her or even if I am ready to talk to her, its going to be bad enough to have to look at her pregnant belly let alone her face :/.  I have asked my hubby to call his brother and ask him to let her and himself know that I DO NOT WANT to talk about the miscarriage or our next steps, I just want to be left alone.  I hope I dont sound too bitter but its just the way I am feeling right now, maybe just maybe tomorrow I will feel different.........

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like my SIL. When I had my MC she was pregnant with #3 and hid it from me. It was horrible and I still haven't spoken to her and don't plan to anytime soon. So I know how you feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH its so frustrating!!! Im so sorry for you too! I am trying to be good and keep the peace but its really hard :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my Future SIL as well, she knows we are having trouble ttc, and threw it in our face after she claimed to cure her infertility without harmful drugs, and it only took her 6 months. Ugh. Now she is pregnant again, and not married and is playing the victim with DH's family since I removed her from facebook after she wanted to rub it in our faces she is pregnant and we are not (well maybe not really, but it seems like that to me, lol). So I feel you, it's times like these I really hate family get together's. Wishing you all the best and no you are not bitter, you come first! Good luck=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and know what you are feeling, we were TTC at the same time as my SIL (although she denied trying until afterward and only then said she was trying for 2 years - right) and we both ended up pregnant but we had a MC and there was no real sympathy and some unsympathetic words were said. Honestly, I was the same way as you, just don't talk to me about it I'm dealing with it my own way and I think for this circumstance it is totally normal. You know you have loving people all around if you need them but for now, the best thing is to figure it all out yourself. Love you lots and see you soon cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for the reassurance!!!!! I wish my hubs was as understanding as you all......... not looking forward to Saturday back thankful that my other SIL who is on my side will be there to "protect me" ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As we approach Saturday just wanted to say I'm thinking about you and sending strength your way! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. That is so tough! People should be aware and vigilant of peoples feelings more often! So sorry you are having to go through this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly - thank you for stopping by my blog and offering support. I am hesitantly hopeful for my FET and am scared sh*tless.

    Glad to have a FET friend to bond with - I just wish neither of us had to go down this path. We should still have our babies.

    MissConception

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly- Just foudn your blog- Hope you enjoy my SIL stories!
    OOh I can relate to the SIL issues.. I have a feeling it will be any day now that I will hear that my SIL is expecting 3rd and yes the last 2 we foudn via Facebook and rummor mill (they live in a small town and our friends live there too and they have big mouths....) She made a big deal about moving both of her boys (who are 2 and 6 months old!) into 1 room, leaving a room ready for a new baby I'm sure! Fertile Friggen Murtle!

    Your SIL and My SIL might be BFF.... She's terrible REALLY FACEBOOK- just call before the post to be nice.... B*&(&(%%&^

    I just miscarried myself on 10-26-11. Thinking about you and your Journey... Not much fun... But at least I know there are others out there.

    ReplyDelete